Healthcare Science Week, 11-15 March 2024 brings together over 50 scientific specialisms and professional groups to celebrate and raise awareness of this diverse NHS workforce. Over the last 75 years NHS healthcare science has played a vital role in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of disease and the health of our population. Healthcare Science Week is an opportunity to showcase this work and inspire the scientific workforce of the future.
How can I get involved?
Healthcare Science Week is open to anyone with an interest in healthcare science, from those already working in the NHS, to those just starting their NHS healthcare science journey and others. We’ve included some ways to get involved but encourage you to reach out to your colleagues to agree local activity.
Raise awareness of the diverse roles within healthcare science:
- tell us about your healthcare science profession – we’re building a collection of staff profiles and want to hear from you. Email England.email@example.com
- follow @WeHCScientists on Twitter – join in discussions on Twitter
- Download social media banners, Microsoft Teams background and email signature from the National School of Healthcare Science
- speak to colleagues, family members, friends or your local community about your role in healthcare science and the impact it makes on NHS care and patients.
Inspire people to think about a career in healthcare science:
- host a stand in a public area or the foyer of your hospital
- give a presentation, in person or virtually, to a school, college, university, science society or club, or even your trust board
- become a STEM Ambassador for healthcare science. Find out more and download the Healthcare science ambassador toolkit from NHS Health Careers.
Celebrate 75 years of NHS healthcare science:
- have you been working in the NHS for a while? We’re keen to showcase your journey in the NHS using then and now images. Get in touch with England.firstname.lastname@example.org
- plan a team lunch, morning break or tea and Teams chat to celebrate your team and wider organisation colleagues.
Let us know what you’ve got planned
If you’re planning an event or other Healthcare Science Week activities we want to hear from you. Get in touch with the Office of the Chief Scientific Officer and we’ll help you promote activity through our national channels. Email England.email@example.com. Contact your regional and trust healthcare science leads.
For more information visit: