Local transformation plans and eating disorder services
Guidance has been published to support improvements in children and young people’s mental health, in line with ‘Future in Mind’. The work aims to build accessible, evidence-based, outcome-focussed services in collaboration with children, young people and families.
- Transformation Plan Guidance provides information on the development of Local Transformation Plans for CCGs working with children, young people and families, and commissioning partners and providers as well as CCG funding allocations.
- Eating Disorder Guidance, a joint publication with National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health (NCCMH), is a ‘how to’ guide for commissioners to support the implementation of dedicated community eating disorder services for children and young people with an access and waiting time standard. Along with the guidance, NCCMH created a workforce calculator to assist commissioners and providers to work together to establish the correct mix of skills and staff required for a dedicated community-based eating disorder team.
The System Dynamic Modelling Tool
In October 2014, NHS England appointed Central Southern Commissioning Support Unit working with Oxford Health and Healthcare Decisions to develop a modelling tool for Children and Young People’s Mental Health Services (CYPMHS). This tool will support commissioners and wider health and social care communities to review current CYPMHS provision and plan future investment in community and inpatient CYPMHS across the whole health, social care and education pathway and includes both the Choice and Partnership Approach (CAPA) and iThrive. Following live-user testing and feedback, the full final version of the tool, combining Community and Inpatient care is available on the Central Southern Commissioning Support Unit website.
If you are currently commissioning CYPMHS the following resources will be of use:
- The NHSE CYPMH Commissioner Support Programme NHS Futures Collaboration Platform – provides a range of resources to support commissioners in their role. For login details please contact email@example.com
- The Fingertips tool for CYPMH– provides support to understand and meet local needs
- The Joint Commissioning Panel (JCPMH) is co-chaired by the Royal College of Psychiatrists and the Royal College of General Practitioners, and has guidance and tools to improve mental health and wellbeing using a values based commissioning model
- iThrive community of practice website
- Choice and Partnership Approach CAPA
- Centre for Mental Health
- Reckless to mindful that suggests a process for commissioners and provider to work together on performance management
- YoungMinds Amplified Resources
- Youth Access provides guidance for commissioning counselling services
- The Evidence Based Practice Unit at the Anna Freud Centre
- Child Outcomes Research Consortium (CORC)
- York and Humber Clinical network resources on transition
- Healthy London Partnership resources
- Clinical Network pages for CYPMHS: