This webpage is for Community Pharmacists and their teams based in Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, Cornwall & Isles of Scilly, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon and Wiltshire.
All public and patient enquiries, complaints and Freedom of Information Act requests should be directed to email@example.com or telephone 0300 311 22 33.
If you are from a Community Pharmacy in Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, Cornwall & Isles of Scilly, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, North Somerset, Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon or Wiltshire and have a query, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to Core or Supplementary Hours
Please complete the relevant form if your pharmacy wishes to change their opening hours:
- Template change of core opening hours
- Template changes to supplementary opening hours
- Template changes to reduce the total core opening hours of a 100 hour pharmacy
Clinical Waste Services for Pharmacies
NHS England has an agreement in place with the following providers:
Contact for Controlled Drugs
Please remember to report any controlled drug incidents or concerns to the Controlled Drug Accountable Officer. For controlled drug general queries please email email@example.com
Visit our Controlled Drugs page for more information.
Forged prescription guidance
Clinical Reporting (COVID-19 Vaccination Sites Only)
- ICARS Incident Reporting Form
- SBAR Incident reporting form
- South West Community Pharmacy Incident Reporting
Specialist Medicines Enhanced Service
- 2023-2024 Specialist Medicines Drugs List
- 2023-2024 Specialist Medicines Enhanced Service Providers updated Nov 23
Links to the Pharmaceutical Needs Assessments (PNAs)
- BaNES PNA
- Bristol PNA
- Cornwall PNA
- Devon, Plymouth and South Devon & Torbay PNA’s
- Dorset PNA
- Gloucestershire PNA
- North Somerset PNA
- Somerset PNA
- South Gloucestershire PNA
- Swindon PNA
- Wiltshire PNA
Links to your Community Pharmacy Local (CPL) Committee
- Community Pharmacy Avon
- Community Pharmacy Cornwall
- Community Pharmacy Devon
- Community Pharmacy Dorset
- Community Pharmacy Gloucestershire
- Community Pharmacy Somerset
- Community Pharmacy Swindon & Wiltshire
Market Entry Applications and Changes of Director and/or Superintendent Pharmacist
Pharmacies planning a Change of Ownership, to relocate premises, consolidate existing premises or open a new pharmacy under The National Health Service (Pharmaceutical and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013 must apply to NHS South West Collaborative Commissioning Hub. The Regulations can be found here: The National Health Service (Pharmaceutical and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013 (legislation.gov.uk). To apply, please access the Pharmacy Market Management Services (PMMS) through the Primary Care Support England (PCSE) portal. The relevant application forms are on the website and there is guidance on signing up to the portal and completing and submitting the forms.
Where a pharmacy body corporate appoints a new director or superintendent, or a DAC body corporate appoints a new director, it must notify the NHS South West Collaborative Commissioning Hub within 30 days (paragraph 32(4), Schedule 4 and paragraph 22(4), Schedule 5 of the Regulations). The Regulations can be found here: The National Health Service (Pharmaceutical and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013 (legislation.gov.uk). To do this, please access the Pharmacy Market Management Services (PMMS) through the Primary Care Support England (PCSE) portal and complete and submit the relevant forms. There is guidance on the process on the website.
Where a contractor wishes to withdraw from a pharmaceutical list (Market Exit) they are required to give notice of the proposed pharmacy closure to the NHS South West Collaborative Commissioning Hub:
- Pharmacies with 40 core opening hours – at least three months,
- Pharmacies with 100 core opening hours – at least six months,
- Pharmacies with more than 40 core opening hours where a direction is in place – at least three months,
- Dispensing appliance contractors – at least three months
NHS Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint about primary care services for GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services please contact:
- Bristol, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bath, Swindon and Wilthsure: email@example.com
- Cornwall: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dorset: email@example.com
- Devon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Somerset: email@example.com.
- Gloucestershire: firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS Mail Shared E-Mail Accounts
All community pharmacies and DAC organisations must be set up with a shared NHS mailbox. This mailbox is separate to your personal mailbox and can be accessed by multiple members of staff. All staff who have access to the shared mailbox can send emails ‘on behalf’ of the mailbox.
NHS Mail accounts are available to community pharmacies to support the secure exchange of patient or sensitive data with other health and social care professionals. If you have not already applied for your site specific shared e-mail account, please use the following link for information on how to arrange set up: https://support.nhs.net/article-categories/joining-nhsmail/. If you have any problems using the NHS Mail system you can direct queries to: email@example.com
There have been some amendments in the process for adding additional users to a shared NHS mailbox.
Where there are UNDER 10 users already assigned to a shared mailbox
New staff member(s) will need to have a personal NHSmail account to enable them to have access to the pharmacy shared mailbox. If the pharmacy has less than 10 user accounts assigned to the shared mailbox, the shared mailbox owner will need to raise a request with the pharmacy national helpdesk, (from the shared NHSmail account) emailing firstname.lastname@example.org asking for the personal account to be created. The request will need to include:
- Pharmacy team members complete name,
- alternate email address
- their mobile phone number (as the password will be sent by a text message)
- confirm if their account will be linked to the shared mailbox and if the account will be an owner or member
Where there are OVER 10 users already assigned to a shared mailbox
If the pharmacy’s shared NHS mailbox has more than 10 users already assigned and require extra new users (personal accounts) to be added, all requests need to be completed on the Additional User Account blank spreadsheet and emailed to email@example.com for authorisation. Once authorised the NHS England South West Community Pharmacy Team will forward the request to the pharmacy national helpdesk for processing.
The NHSMail guide for Organisations provides information/guidance on
- What to do if you are moving to another organisation
- What to do when ownership of a community pharmacy changes
NHS UK: Your Profile Page
NHS UK is the primary public facing website of the NHS. It provides comprehensive and trusted health information to help people make the most of their health and get the best out of the healthcare system. The pages include directories of local health services. The site also shows comparative data about healthcare providers, to help people make informed choices about their healthcare. This includes feedback on all NHS services.
If a patient logs onto the website, they will be able to find a profile for each NHS contract. They will also find a Patient Feedback page where they can leave a comment and a rating on their experiences at your pharmacy. It is good practice to acknowledge and respond to comments; your editing rights will include the option to set up permissions for members of your staff to respond to feedback posted to your profile.
The NHS South West Collaborative Commissioning Hub does expect the site to reflect the current service provision so that patients can access the most up to date information. Please ensure that any changes to your profile adhere to any regulatory requirements around proposed changes to opening hours, to include lunch breaks and bank holidays. The NHS South West Collaborative Commissioning Hub will be doing audits around this.
NHS Prescription Services
The NHS Business Services Authority (BSA) NHS Prescription Services, provides prescribing, dispensing and payment information for dispensing contractors.
NHS Prescription Services produces the monthly Drug Tariff on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care. You can view the Drug Tariff on-line.
PCSE Supplies / Stationary
Your NHS South West Collaborative Commissioning Hub supplies should be ordered through PCSE Online.
Reporting Significant Incidents or Concerns
NHS England has launched a new national online service to record patient safety events and to help us learn from things that go wrong in healthcare. Learn From Patient Safety Events (LFPSE) is replacing the National Reporting Learning System (NRLS) and all healthcare staff in England, including those working in primary care services, are encouraged to use the system to record any events where:
- a patient was harmed, or could have been harmed
- there has been a poor outcome but it is not yet clear whether an incident contributed or not
- risks to patient safety in the future have been identified
- good care has been delivered that could be learned from to improve patient safety
Serious Difficulty Application
Patients can apply to the NHS South West Collaborative Commissioning Hub to have their prescriptions dispensed by their GP due to serious difficulty in obtaining them from a pharmacy. Please complete the below form if you wish to apply.
Temporary suspension forms
In the event of a temporary suspension, all contractors should immediately complete the ‘reporting a temporary suspension’ form, please see document below.
Temporary suspension guidance
To help support a pharmacy during a temporary suspension, please see the NHS South West Collaborative Commissioning Hub’s Resilience Guidance.
Translation & Interpretation Services for NHS Patients
Interpretation and Translation Services information can be found on our website.
South West Pharmacy Bulletins 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 17 January 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 31 January 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 14 February 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 28 February 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 15 March 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 31 March 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 19 April 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 28 April 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 18 May 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 31 May 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 15 June 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 30 June 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 14 July 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 28 July 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 17 August 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 31 August 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 15 September 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 29 September 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 19 October 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 30 November 2023
- South West Community Pharmacy Bulletin 26 January 2024