Refreshing NHS Plans for 2018/19
Refreshing NHS Plans for 2018/19: the November 2017 Budget announced additional NHS funding of £1.6bn for 2018/19, which will increase funding for emergency and urgent care and elective surgery.
In addition, for other core frontline services such as mental health and primary care, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) is making a further £540 million available through the Mandate over the coming financial year. This joint NHS England and NHS Improvement publication sets out how these funds will be distributed and what needs to be delivered on existing priorities next year.
- View Refreshing NHS Plans for 2018/19 – this is an updated version of the document published on 2 February 2018 which now incorporates two minor changes. These changes are detailed in Corrections to Refreshing NHS Plans for 2018/19
- Check the CCG revised allocations
- Read the guidance on the Commissioner Sustainability Fund
- View the technical guidance.
NHS Operational Planning and Contracting Guidance 2017 – 2019
NHS England and NHS Improvement published the 2017-19 operational and contracting planning guidance three months earlier than normal to help local organisations plan more strategically.
For the first time, the planning guidance covered two financial years, to provide greater stability and support transformation. This has been underpinned by a two-year tariff and two-year NHS Standard Contract.
The planning process has been built around Sustainable Transformation Plans so that the commitments and changes coming out of these plans translate fully into operational plans and contracts.
This is an updated version of the document published on 22 September 2016. This includes a small number of minor corrections. Details of the changes are listed in Corrections to the NHS Operational Planning and Contracting Guidance 2017-2019.
Read the technical guidance to support the submission of commissioner and provider operational planning templates:
- Technical Guidance for Refreshing NHS Plans 2018/19
- Annex A: information on CQUIN
- Annex B: information on Quality Premium
- Annex C: Joint Contract Dispute Resolution
- Annex D: NHS England Guidance for Finance Business Rules
- Annex E: NHS England CCG Guidance for Operational and Activity Plans: UNIFY submissions
- Annex F: NHS Improvement Guidance for Operational and Activity Plans
- Annex G: NHS national tariff
- Annex H: NHS Standard Contract
- Annex I: Specialised commissioning intentions
- Annex J: 2017-19 Prescribed Services CQUIN Schemes
- For further guidance on Specialised Commissioning view the specialised services section.
- Annex K: Better Care Fund Planning Requirements
- Annex L: Better Care Fund Operational Guidance – details to follow
- Annex M: Joint Technical Guidance for Performance and Activity
Previous shared planning guidance
- NHS Shared Planning Guidance 2016/17 – 2020/21
- NHS Shared Planning Guidance 2015/16
- NHS Shared Planning Guidance 2014/15 – 2018/19
Lessons learned from contract dispute resolution
- NHS England and NHS Improvement have produced a document containing ten helpful hints for commissioners and providers to avoid conflict.