Mental Health is one of six National Programmes of Care (NPoCs) overseeing the commissioning of specialised services.
The role of the NPoC is to provide leadership and oversight of the development and delivery of a comprehensive work programme that achieves demonstrable improvements in the quality, equity, value and outcomes of commissioned specialised services.
The Mental Health NPoC consists of an NPoC Board and five Clinical Reference Groups (CRGs) as follows:
- Specialised Mental Health (C01)
- Adult Secure Services (C02)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) (C03)
- Perinatal Mental Health (C04)
CRGs provide clinical advice and leadership on the specialised services in Mental Health. These groups of clinicians, commissioners, public health experts, patients and carers use their specific knowledge and expertise to advise NHS England on the best ways that specialised services should be provided.
CRGs lead on the development of clinical commissioning policies, service specifications and quality standards. They also provide advice on innovation, horizon scanning, service reviews and guide work to reduce variation and deliver increased value. CRGs, through their Patient and Public Voice (PPV) members, also help ensure that any changes to the commissioning of specialised services involve patients and the public.
Mental Health Taskforce
The Mental Health Taskforce provided a fundamental platform to bring together a range of strategies and ambitions under one plan to improve the delivery of mental health services around the needs of the patients. The focus for Specialised Commissioning in supporting this will be on developing national standards and information, while ensuring the integration of pathways of care with local services and commissioners to support people being treated close to home in clinically- and cost-effective services.
Chair and membership of the Mental Health NPoC Board
- Clinical Chair – Tim Kendall
- Head of Mental Health and Programme of Care – Steve Sylvester
- Senior Programme of Care Manager – Victoria Man
- CRG Chairs – Andy Cotgrove, Steve Pearce, David Fearnley, Giles Berrisford
- PPV Members – Richard Allen, Andrea Burke
- NHS E Specialised Commissioning Transforming Care Lead – Joe McEvoy
- SNHS E Specialised Commissioning Mental Health Finance Lead – Hud Manuel
- PHE – Dianne Addei
- PHE Specialised Commissioning Lead – Anees Pari
- NHS E Specialised Commissioning Nurse Lead – Pol Toner
- Lead Commissioner Adult Secure Services – Louise Davies
- Lead Commissioner T4 CAMHS – Louise Doughty
- Lead Commissioner Specialised Services – Victoria Man
- NHS E Communications Lead Specialised Commissioning – Minal Patel
- NHS E Specialised Commissioning Business Support – Roshane Dunn
- Programme of Care Manager (South) – Nickki Churchley
- Programme of Care Manager (North) – Alison Cannon
- Programme of Care Manager (Midlands & East) – interim
- Programme of Care Manager (London Region) – Caroline Reid