Blood and Infection is one of six National Programmes of Care (NPoCs) overseeing the commissioning of specialised and highly specialised services.
The role of the NPoC is to provide leadership and oversight of the development and delivery of a comprehensive work programme that achieves demonstrable improvements in the quality, equity, value and outcomes of commissioned specialised services.
The Blood and Infection NPoC covers specialised services in infection, immunity and haematology. It consists of an NPoC Steering Group and six Clinical Reference Groups (CRGs) as follows:
- Blood and marrow transplantation
- Specialised blood disorders
- Infectious diseases
- Specialised immunology and allergy services
CRGs provide clinical advice and leadership on the specialised services in the Blood and Infection NPoC. These groups of clinicians, commissioners, public health experts, patients and carers use their specific knowledge and expertise to provide advice to NHS England so that the specialised services in the Blood and Infection NPoC are commissioned effectively.
CRGs provide advice on innovation, horizon scanning, service reviews and guide work to reduce variation and deliver increased value. They also lead on the development of clinical commissioning policies, service specifications and quality standards CRGs, through their Patient and Public Voice (PPV) members, also help ensure that any changes to the commissioning of specialised services involve patients and the public.
Chair and membership of the blood and infection NPoC board
- Chair and National Clinical Director: Dr Siraj Misbah, Lead Consultant in Clinical Immunology at Oxford University Hospitals Trust and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer in Clinical Immunology at Oxford University
- Daniel Eve, National Programme of Care Senior Manager
- Zoe Hamilton, National Programme of Care Manager
- Anna Kafkalias, National Programme of Care Manager
- Mark Lambert, Regional Medical Director of Commissioning
- Andrew Bibby, Regional Director for Specialised Commissioning, Health and Justice
- Annette Wood, Public Health Lead
- Joan Ward, Commissioning Manager Highly Specialised Services
- Gillian Adams, Programme of Care PPV member
- Nasrin Akter, Business Support Officer
Contact us at: email@example.com