Feedback and complaints

Please choose from the following options for giving feedback or making a complaint.

Feedback or complaints about NHS England

NHS England commissions some services such as specialised services, health and justice healthcare services and military healthcare.

NHS England is also responsible for all activities previously undertaken by Health Education England (HEE). This includes more than 100 programmes from planning and commissioning, to recruiting and developing healthcare staff in a range of healthcare and community settings.

If you would like to comment on NHS England or the services that it commissions, please read our information about how to provide feedback or complaints about NHS England.

Feedback or complaints about an NHS service

If you would like to give feedback or make a complaint about NHS services more widely, please read our information about how to give feedback about an NHS service.

An Easy Read guide to feedback and complaints

NHS England’s easy read guide explains how to give feedback or make a complaint about your healthcare.

Our Ask Listen Do webpages include information and films for autistic people and people with a learning disability, as well as families and organisations in health, social care and education.

Unhappy with the outcome of your complaint?

If you are not happy with the way your complaint has been dealt with and would like to take the matter further, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) which makes final decisions on unresolved complaints about the NHS in England. It is an independent service which is free for everyone to use.

To take your complaint to the Ombudsman, visit the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman website or call 0345 015 4033.

Public health services complaints

For public health services complaints, contact the Local Government Ombudsman.

How to report a patient safety incident

Find out how to report a patient safety incident.