How can we help?

Do you have a question?

Have a look below to see if we have answered it, if not please feel free to get in touch by:

Our opening hours are 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday, except Wednesdays when we open at the later time of 9.30am. We are closed on bank holidays.

A request for information from health (medical) records has to be made with the organisation that holds your health records – the data controller. For example, your GP practice, optician or dentist.

For hospital health records, contact the records manager or patient services manager at the relevant hospital trust. You can find a list of hospital trusts on the NHS website.

GP health records for un-registered or deceased individuals

NHS England is only the data controller for GP health records where an individual is currently not registered with a GP or is deceased. These records are held by Primary Care Support England (PCSE) on behalf of NHS England. To request access to GP health records in these circumstances please visit the PCSE website.

You can find more information about accessing health records on the NHS website.

You should be able to find your NHS Number on any letter or document you have received from the NHS, including prescriptions, test results, and hospital referral or appointment letters. You can also find your NHS Number online via the NHS.UK website.

If you cannot find your NHS Number at home, you can ask your GP practice to help you. They should be able to provide the number for you as long as you are registered with them. To protect your privacy, you may be asked to show a passport, driving licence or some other proof of identity. For further information about the NHS number visit the NHS website.

No. Your NHS number helps with the registration process. However, you do not need your NHS number to register with a GP practice. For more information about the NHS number visit the NHS website.

Medical cards are no longer issued in England. If you still have one it may have an old-style NHS Number made-up of both letters and numbers. However, in recent years this has been replaced for all patients with an NHS Number containing only numbers. For more information about the NHS number visit the NHS website.

You can find out how to choose and register with a GP on the NHS website.

The service finder on the NHS website enables you to find local NHS services, including dentists. You will need to contact the dental practice directly and check whether they are currently accepting NHS patients.

All treatment that is, in your dentist’s opinion, clinically necessary to protect and maintain good oral health is available on the NHS. For more information visit the NHS website.

A UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) gives you the right to access state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in the European Union (EU). Existing European Health Insurance Cards (EHICs) remain valid until their date of expiry, so you do not need to apply for a GHIC if you hold a valid EHIC. Learn about the GHIC and how to apply.

Although treatment on the NHS is free at the point of delivery, there may still be some costs.

For information about the help you may be entitled to please visit the NHS website.