If getting involved in shaping healthcare services is all new to you. Here are our five top tips to get you started.
- Consider how much time you have to get involved and look for opportunities which match the time you have available.
- Don’t worry if you don’t understand NHS jargon! You should receive support to help understand the words that are used and any necessary information and training.
- If you are getting involved in a formal role and also work, check with your employer whether you are entitled to paid time off. If you are not employed, speak to Jobcentre Plus about your plans.
- Think about your reasons for getting involved and what you hope to achieve.
- Ask questions about what will be expected of you and what support you will get if you are getting involved in a more formal role.
You can find out more about some of the opportunities to get involved in the work of the NHS by reading the sections on the left.