Recruitment has opened for the national Children and Young People’s (CYP) Board
NHS England is recruiting six young people (aged 13-23 years old) to the national Children and Young People’s (CYP) Board, which supports the work of the CYP Transformation Programme.
Young Board Members (YBMs) share their experience and knowledge to help improve national policy and service design. This is an exciting opportunity as YBMs can make a difference to the healthcare provided to children, young people and their families across England.
We are looking for young people with different skills and experience. Being inclusive is a fundamental value of NHS England and we are looking for a diverse group in terms of age, race, gender, sexuality, lived experience and geographical location.
We encourage anyone who is passionate about improving health services for CYP and has experience of using NHS services to apply!
About the role
- Attend CYP Board meetings. These happen once every three months.
- Prepare and share a presentation with the other YBMs at every board meeting.
- Support other young people working with the NHS such as the NHS Youth Forum and NHS Youth Advisory Network.
- Represent the CYP Board at national events. This may include chairing sessions or presenting.
Applicants will need to be able to commit to an average of four hours every month for this role. This is dependent on the additional opportunities you get involved in.
How to apply
Further information about the role can be found in the role description document.
Applicants will need to submit an online application form by 11.59pm on Sunday 25 February 2024.
Please contact the CYP Voice team on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Are you passionate about transforming patient care through innovation and research activity?
We are recruiting up to five patient and public voice partners to join our Strategic Co-production group (SCG) within the Innovation, Research, Life Sciences and Strategy (IRLSS) group at NHS England. The SCG group provides strategic advice to the leadership team and consists of both patients and staff, ensuring the voices of people with lived experience actively shape our research and innovation programmes.
Some of the role will involve:
- Being an advocate for patient perspectives and diversity in the development of our research and innovation programmes.
- Working with our staff team to shape and influence programme development, ensuring that patients are at the heart of our work.
- Taking an active part in our monthly meetings, bringing your knowledge and experience to the group and working collaboratively with group members.
You will be supported with induction and development opportunities. The time commitment is usually one day per month, up to 18 days per year. This role offers an involvement payment of £150 per day/£75 per half day, in line with our Patient and public voice partner payments and expenses policy
Full information for this role can be found here: NHS England » Strategic Co-Production Group Innovation, Research and Life Sciences and Strategy group and an application form is here: Strategic Co-Production Group Patient and Public Voice (PPV) Member Application Form (Page 1 of 4) (office.com)
If you have any queries about the role, or would like an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note the closing date for applications is 11.59pm 11 February 2024.
Interviews will take place week commencing 11 March 2024.