Whether you are a member of the public getting involved in the work of the NHS for the first time or a doctor who is new to commissioning; you might need a bit of help to guide you. There are lots of aspects to patient and public participation and doing it well to inform commissioning decisions.
In this section, you will find a range of toolkits and resources to help you carry out effective patient and public involvement, as well as policies and background information to support you. We also have a section dedicated to learning and development resources.
Our In Touch newsletter provides a fortnightly public overview of the latest NHS England news, events and consultations.
Our online learning sessions, including webinars, workshops and future Super Skills sessions are listed on the NHS England events pages
Other useful resources
Primary Care Networks – Inclusion Health Self Assessment Tool
This online tool will help your Primary Care Network to assess its engagement with Inclusion Health groups and help you with a unique plan to reduce health inequalities.
Organisations and people who support specific communities have prepared a short powerpoint presentation with audio to share the key challenges those communities face related to health and suggest some tips on how NHS professionals can engage with those communities. You will need to sign up for the EPN FutureNHS workspace to watch these.
Future NHS website
You can sign up to different workspace areas on the Future NHS website where you will find useful information and be able to connect with colleagues nationally to ask questions and share ideas:
- Engagement Practitioners’ Network – for public engagement professionals from the NHS, local authorities, the voluntary sector and other organisations, email: PPPnetworkfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Homelessness and inclusion health – for people who are working to support people who are homeless and inclusion health groups, email – HomelessHealthCOVID19email@example.com
- Primary Care Networks development support – for colleagues across the country who work in or with Primary Care Networks, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equality and Health Inequalities Network, visit – Equality and Health Inequalities Network – FutureNHS Collaboration Platform or email – EHIMEemail@example.com
- Integrated Care Learning Network – for colleagues working across health and care systems to come together and share experiences, knowledge and good practice, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
For Public Participation team enquiries and to inform us about any useful resources, email – email@example.com