The General Practice Forward View (GP Forward View) proposes:
- Investment through the multi-million pound Estates and Technology Transformation Fund (ETTF) to accelerate the development of infrastructure to enable the improvement and expansion of joined-up out of hospital care for patients. Additional capital will also be invested in general practice beyond the ETTF which means that the overall total investment in capital assets up to 2020/21 will be £900 million.
- New proposals to allow up to 100 per cent reimbursement of premises developments
- New offer for practices who are tenants of NHS Property Services for NHS England to include funding Stamp Duty Land Tax for practices until end of October 2017.
- Direct practice investment in technology to support better online tools and appointment, consultation and workload management systems.
- Better record sharing to support teamwork across practices.
- Wi-Fi services in GP practices for staff and patients. Funding will be made available to cover the hardware, implementation and service costs from April 2017.
- NHS Digital is leading the roll out of access to the Summary Care Record to all community pharmacies.