2022/23 NHS Standard Contract
The NHS Standard Contract is mandated by NHS England for use by commissioners for all contracts for healthcare services other than primary care, and the Contract (in full-length and shorter-form versions) is available here:
- Full length Particulars
- Full length Service Conditions
- Full length General Conditions
- Shorter-form Particulars
- Shorter-form Service Conditions
- Shorter-form General Conditions
If you have a query on the NHS Standard Contracts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be added to our stakeholder list to receive updates on the NHS Standard Contract, please email your contact details to email@example.com.
NHS Standard Contract 2022/23 Technical Guidance
Contract support and other publications
- System collaboration and financial management agreement 2022/23
- Model individual placement agreement
- Alliance agreement toolkit – please register for a FutureNHS account to access this document
- Data sharing requirements to support development of urgent and emergency care dashboards – guidance for data providers
- Urgent and emergency care analytics model – minimum data requirements
- NHS Standard Contract 2022/23: Summary of key changes made in response to consultation feedback
National variations to NHS Standard Contracts
Guidance on the process to effect the mandatory 2022/23 national variation to existing contracts, the terms of which extend beyond 31 March 2022, and the national variation template are available below:
Varying the 2022/23 NHS Standard Contracts
Guidance on the process to vary contracts and the locally-initiated variation template are available below:
NHS Standard Sub-contract
The NHS Standard Sub-contracts for the provision of clinical services 2022/23 (full length and shorter-form versions) are available below:
Model collaborative commissioning agreements
- Model collaborative commissioning agreement (single contract option)
- Model collaborative commissioning agreement (multiple contract option)
Fair deal for staff pensions
Primary and Community Mental Health Services
- Following a consultation in March 2022, Schedule 2Aii to the Contract has been updated (re-published in May 2022).
Provisions applicable to primary medical services
- Schedule 2L to the Contract, has been updated in line with the Standard Alternative Provider Medical Services Contract (January 2022).
Provider Data Processing Agreement
- NHS Standard Contract 2022/23 Particulars (Shorter Form) Schedule 6F Provider Data Processing Agreement
Proforma contract management forms and change in control notification
Consultation on Schedule 2Aii – February 2022 (now closed)
The 2021/22 Contract included, at Schedule 2Aii, detailed requirements for mental health providers to support PCNs by employing mental health practitioners (MHPs) embedded in local PCN teams. The national intention for 2022/23 is to encourage an expansion in the numbers of MHPs, the funding flow for this coming in part via the PCN Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme in the GP contract – confirmed details of which have now been for 2022/23. We have therefore now published, as a stand-alone document, a revised draft Schedule 2Aii. This allows for numbers of MHPs to be increased where there is local agreement and includes a slightly revised role description, with scope to employ non-registered staff. We invite comments on the draft, which should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18 March 2022. We will publish a final version of the Schedule as soon as possible after that.
Consultation – December 2021 (now closed)
We have now published, for consultation, the draft 2022/23 NHS Standard Contract (both full length and shorter-form versions). The consultation paper describes the main, material changes we are proposing in the Contracts, and we would welcome comments from stakeholders on our proposals. We also welcome comments on the draft Technical Guidance.
Comments on the draft Contract should be submitted by 28 January 2022 via the NHS England Consultation Hub. Please note that responses can only be submitted via the Consultation Hub.
Changes to the Contract for 2022/23
Comparison documents showing the changes made from the NHS Standard Contract 2021/22 (Particulars published in March 2021/Service Conditions and General Conditions published in May 2021) to the NHS Standard Contract 2022/23 (published in March 2022).
Comparison documents showing the changes made from the draft NHS Standard Contract 2022/23 (published for consultation in December 2021) to the NHS Standard Contract 2022/23 (published in March 2022).