Patient and Public Voice members needed for the Public Health Oversight Group (PHOG)
The NHS England Public Health Oversight Group is looking for two Patient and Public Voice members, to join the current membership of the group, and support the implementation of health programmes. The group oversees the commissioning of the national screening, immunisation and child health information services; this includes cancer screening and childhood vaccinations.
Candidates will need to have a genuine commitment to developing excellent health services along with a lived experience and understanding of national screening and/or immunisation programmes; having had a family member having had a screening test with or without finding the condition.
The ideal candidate will bring board level experience with a healthcare focus, strong intellect and, a willingness to challenge as a ‘critical friend’. Along with experience and/or ability to represent the user voice at national level. They will be expected to apply their skills, knowledge and experience to support the group to make decisions that will drive forward NHS England’s ambition to deliver world-class, patient-centred care. Including:
- Understanding of national screening and / or immunisation programmes
- Ability to speak publicly
- Ability to cascade back to their representative group/s information from the development group.
- Provide specialist advice and make recommendations when necessary, relevant to their areas of expertise.
- Experience/ability to represent user voice at a regional or national level
- Ability to work strategically across all Public Health Section 7a commissioned services
This role attracts an involvement payment of £150 per day or £75 per half day. Further details can be found in NHS England’s patient and public voice partner expenses policy.
The closing date for applications is midnight on 14 August 2017. Interviews will be held on 14 September 2017 in London.
Alternatively call 0113 8070145, or write to: Public Health Commissioning Central Team, Medical Directorate, NHS England, Skipton House, 80 London Road, London, SE1 6LH.