Opportunity to become a Role 4 Patient and Public Voice Board Member of the Chief Allied Health Professions Officer’s AHPs into Action Programme Board
We are seeking 2 Patient & Public Voice (PPV) members (role 4) to become active members of the newly established AHPs into Action Programme Board.
The AHPs into Action programme board has been established to provide strategic advice and direction on the implementation of AHPs into Action. The board will focus on projects and programmes of work that take place across 4 arm’s length bodies (NHS England, Health Education England, NHS Improvement and Public Health England) to implement AHPs into Action effectively and sustainably at a national and local level.
Meetings take place on a quarterly basis in London and last for two hours. Teleconferencing will also be available.
You will have:
- Experience of receiving assessment, treatment and/or care from one or more of the Allied Health Professions (AHPs)*.
- Experience of championing improvement in health and care, in particularly representing patient and public voice in regional or national healthcare forums.
- The ability to understand and evaluate a range of information and evidence.
- Connections to related patient networks, and able to put forward views on behalf of patients and/or the wider community and gain feedback from a wider network of patients/service users.
- The ability to discuss complex issues with multiple stakeholders at senior management level.
- Experience of working in partnership with healthcare organisations or programmes.
- The ability to display sound judgement and objectivity.
- An awareness of, and commitment to, equality and diversity.
- Good understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to be open to change.
- A commitment to the ‘seven principles of public life’ (sometimes known as the ‘Nolan Principles’: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, leadership.
For a copy of the application form and information pack, and if you require an alternative format such as braille, large print or audio please contact: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 16 February 2018.