We will continue to implement changes to make maternity care safer and more personalised, supporting the ambition to reduce the number of stillbirths, neonatal and maternal deaths and brain injuries. We will continue to support the development of the maternity workforce.
Our commitments for 2022/23
- Develop a single delivery plan for maternity and neonatal services in line with the recommendations of the Ockenden and East Kent independent reviews of maternity services.
- Support local maternity systems to embed personalised care and support plans for everyone accessing maternity services.
- Support maternity services to establish midwifery continuity of carer as the default model of midwifery care alongside rigorous workforce planning and the maintenance of safe staffing levels.
- Deliver a perinatal culture and leadership programme to improve safety, personalisation, and quality and experience of care across perinatal services.
- Deliver the Maternity and Neonatal Safety Improvement Programme in partnership with stakeholders, including patient safety collaboratives.
- Publish Saving Babies Lives care bundle 3 that will incorporate conclusions from new research on how to reduce brain injuries.