The Commissioning Framework: A Framework for the Commissioning of Ambulance Services is a simple, easy to use document to support system leaders when commissioning the regional ambulance service in accordance with the NHS Standard Contract.
This will support system leaders in reducing unwarranted variation in the way ambulance services are provided and commissioned. Use of this framework will:
- Improve patient outcomes, with patients directed to the right service, first time
- Reduce unwarranted variation in ambulance service operational delivery and commissioning arrangements;
- Facilitate collaborative and integrated commissioning, including a shared vision and strategy for urgent and emergency care services;
- Provide consistent commissioning processes and approaches and improved sharing of best practice;
- Reduce duplication and fragmentation of services through collaborative agreements and joined up commissioning arrangements; and
- Formalise and improve system integration with alignment through contractual obligations.