There are a wide range of support materials available to help you successfully implement and effectively promote online services.
For any queries or comments, please contact the GP online services team at email@example.com.
- GP online services: registering patients for online services
- GP online services: booking and cancelling appointments online
- GP online services: providing online access to test results
- GP online services: encouraging patients to order repeat prescriptions online
- Using GP online services in practice nurse teams
- GP online services: making the most of online appointments and repeat prescriptions
- GP online services: offering patients access to detailed online records
- GP online services: registering patients for GP online services
- Time saving calculator
- Promotional materials – download our communications toolkits and order free posters, leaflets and more to promote online services to patients
- Frequently asked questions
- Regional and local support
- RCGP information and resources
- Webinars for implementing online services for patients
- The General Practice Forward View (April 2016) sets out a plan, backed by a multi-billion pound investment, to stabilise and transform general practice. It has been developed with Health Education England and in discussion with the Royal College of GPs and other GP representatives
- Making time in General Practice; Freeing GP capacity by reducing bureaucracy and avoidable consultations, managing the interface with hospitals and exploring new ways of working. Report by the Primary Care Foundation and NHS Alliance, 2015
- The power of information: putting all of us in control of the health and care information we need: Department of Health, 2012. The Government’s ten-year framework for transforming information for health and care.
- NHS Mandate: The government set out its commitment to enabling patients to view their online health record by March 2016 in the NHS Mandate.
- GP online services: The Road Map, RCGP, 2013: The programme of work described in the Road Map established what could realistically be offered now and what might be offered in the future.
- GP Systems of Choice: The scheme through which the NHS funds the provision of GP clinical IT systems in England.
Take a look at the latest guidance around GP contracts.