We have produced a range of promotional materials to help you promote GP online services to patients.
These materials include:
- Toolkits – including template articles for your website or blog, social media posts for websites such as Facebook and Twitter, and a press release for use with your local media
- Promotional materials – order materials to help you promote GP online services to patients
- Patient guides – information that you can give to patients that tells them more about GP online services
The toolkits include template articles for your website or blog, social media posts for websites such as Facebook and Twitter, and a press release for use with your local media.
NHS organisations can tailor the information in the toolkits to make it relevant to their audience:
- GP online promotional toolkit for GP surgeries
- GP online promotional toolkit for CCGs, CSUs and NHS trusts
The National Association for Patient Participation (NAPP) has also developed a toolkit to help patient participation groups promote GP online services:
We have produced a range of materials (appointment cards, leaflets and posters) and templates to help GP practices, CCGs and other NHS bodies to promote GP online services to patients.
- Order online services materials on the Department of Health website
- See examples of online services materials
- Help ordering online services materials
You can order all of the materials below on the Department of Health website. The posters are all available in A4 or A3 sizes, and with or without a white box at the bottom for you to add your own details.
Poster – Click and easy, blue with yellow mouse
Appointment cards: GPAC
The following materials are available for you to download and use. The web banner can be used on your website or in email newsletters. The display slide can be put into your presentations or be used in a display you may have in your waiting room.
If you order online you will need an account. If you do not have an account, you will need to register. To do this:
- click ‘register’ on the purple registration bar, and fill out your details.
- then enter a “Customer Type”, which consists of two drop-down menus,
- choose “NHS ORGANISATIONS”
- and then one of “GP SURGERIES / HEALTH CENTRES”, “CLINICAL COMMISSIONG GROUP”, or “NHS CONFEDERATION”.
If you already have an account you can log in immediately. The system also allows for you to receive a reminder if you have forgotten you log in details.
Once logged in you will find the GP online resources by clicking on
- “GP ONLINE SERVICES” in the “Campaign search” pane
- This will bring up a full list of the available resources, which you can then order.
If you want to order more than the maximum order number set in the system, just enter the number that you would like and the system will send the Patient Online team an email for us to approve your request.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
You can also place your order by phone through the publication order line – 0300 123 1002, quoting the reference numbers below.
We have created a new set of patient guides. The Easy Read editions are in development. Please check here again soon.
- Getting started with GP online services – GPGGS
- Giving another person access to your GP online services – GPGGAA
- Giving employed carers access to your GP online services – GPGEC
- GP online services for carers including young carers – GPGCYC
- Protecting your GP online records – GPGPR
- What you need to know about your GP online records – GPGNTK
- Young people’s access to GP online services – GPGYP
- Your GP record – GPGYGR
Black and white
- Getting started with GP online services
- Giving another person access to your GP online services
- Giving employed carers access to your GP online services
- GP online services for carers including young carers
- Protecting your GP online records
- What you need to know about your GP online records
- Young people’s access to GP online services
- Your GP record