Promotional materials for GP online services
Two toolkits have been developed to promote GP online services to the public and encourage them to engage with the service. They support you with raising awareness, providing template articles for your website or blog, social media posts for websites such as Facebook and Twitter, and a press release for use with your local media.
Practices can tailor the information in the toolkits so that it is relevant to their practice.
- GP online promotional toolkit for GP surgeries
- GP online promotional toolkit for CCGs, CSUs and NHS trusts
The National Association for Patient Participation (NAPP) has also developed a toolkit to help patient participation groups promote GP online services.
Materials for patients
The following materials and templates have been designed to help GP practices, CCGs and other NHS bodies to promote GP online services to patients. The posters are all available in A4 or A3 sizes, and with or without a white box at the bottom for you to add your own details.
You can order a variety of promotional materials. You can also place your order by phone through our publication order line – 0300 123 1002, quoting the reference numbers below.
If you order online you will need an orderline account. If you do not have an account, you will need to register. To do this:
- click ‘register’ on the purple registration bar, and fill out your details.
- then enter a “Customer Type”, which consists of two drop-down menus,
- choose “NHS ORGANISATIONS”
- and then one of “GP SURGERIES / HEALTH CENTRES”, “CLINICAL COMMISSIONG GROUP”, or “NHS CONFEDERATION”.
If you already have an account you can log in immediately. The system also allows for you to receive a reminder if you have forgotten you log in details.
Once logged in you will find the GP online resources by clicking on
- “GP ONLINE SERVICES” in the “Campaign search” pane
- This will bring up a full list of the available resources, which you can then order.
If you want to order more than the maximum order number set in the system, just enter the number that you would like and the system will send the Patient Online team an email for us to approve your request.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Stand-up cardboard display: GPSC
Magnifying glass: GPBALMG
The following materials are available for you to download and use. The web banner can be used on your website or in email newsletters. The display slide can be put into your presentations or be used in a display you may have in your waiting room.
Patient information guides
We have created a new set of patient guides. The Easy Read editions are in development. Please check here again soon.
- Getting started with GP online services – GPGGS
- Giving another person access to your GP online services – GPGGAA
- Giving employed carers access to your GP online services – GPGEC
- GP online services for carers including young carers – GPGCYC
- Protecting your GP online records – GPGPR
- What you need to know about your GP online records – GPGNTK
- Young people’s access to GP online services – GPGYP
- Your GP record – GPGYGR
Black and white
- Getting started with GP online services
- Giving another person access to your GP online services
- Giving employed carers access to your GP online services
- GP online services for carers including young carers
- Protecting your GP online records
- What you need to know about your GP online records
- Young people’s access to GP online services
- Your GP record