Delivering the 5 year cancer strategy
Cancer survival rates have never been higher, and overall patients report a very good experience of their cancer care. In delivering the five cancer strategy, we are working to ensure that patients with cancer are diagnosed early and quickly, treated with smarter and kinder treatments and receive support they need as they live with and beyond cancer.
Find out more through our case studies and films about how cancer care across the NHS is changing and developing to better meet people’s needs.
- Multi-disciplinary diagnostic centre at UCLH delivers faster diagnosis
- Rapid model for prostate cancer
- Supermarket scans boost early lung cancer diagnoses
- Opticians fast-tracking tumour diagnoses
- Digital technology aids earlier cancer diagnosis
- More patients with learning disabilities take up bowel cancer screening with support
- Wessex programme gets patients fit for cancer treatment
- Interactive videos improve referrals
- Lydia raises awareness as cancer champion
- Alliance bursaries will help speed up cancer diagnosis
- New LINAC for Leicester
- Cancer vanguard pharma challenge