Delivering the NHS Long Term Plan for Cancer
Cancer survival rates have never been higher, and there has been an increase in the number of patients reporting a very good experience of their care. In delivering the NHS Long Term Plan for Cancer, we are working to ensure that patients with cancer are diagnosed early and quickly, treated with smarter and kinder treatments and receive support they need as they live with and beyond cancer.
Find out more through our case studies and films about how cancer care across the NHS is developing to better meet people’s needs.
- Breast cancer survivors control their follow-up care in Maidstone
- Rapid model for prostate cancer
- Supermarket scans boost early lung cancer diagnoses
- Opticians fast-tracking tumour diagnoses
- Digital technology aids earlier cancer diagnosis
- More patients with learning disabilities take up bowel cancer screening with support
- Interactive videos improve referrals
- Cancer vanguard pharma challenge