This Transform Clinical Reference Group (CRG) covers infectious disease services. Infectious diseases are caused by pathogenic microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi; the diseases can be spread, directly or indirectly, from one person to another. Zoonotic diseases are infectious diseases of animals that can cause disease when transmitted to humans.
This Clinical Reference Group (CRG) covers:
- Infectious diseases (caused by pathogenic microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi).
- Daniel Eve, Lead Commissioner
- Annette Wood, Public Health Lead
- Additional members TBC
A key part of the CRG’s work is the delivery of the ‘products’ of commissioning. These are the tools used by the 10 Hub Commissioning Teams to contract services on an annual basis.
Service specifications are important in clearly defining the standards of care expected from organisations funded by NHS England to provide specialised care. The specifications have been developed by specialised clinicians, commissioners, expert patients and public health representatives to describe both core and developmental service standards. Core standards are those that all funded providers should be able to demonstrate, with developmental standards being those which may require further changes in practice over time to provide excellence in the field.
The following service specifications fall within the scope of this CRG:
- Airborne high consequence infectious diseases service specification (adults)
- Airborne high consequence infectious diseases service specification (children)
- Operational delivery networks for hepatitis C care in adults
- Specialised services for infectious diseases (adult)
- High secure infectious diseases unit (all ages)
- Tropical medicine (all ages)
- Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 and 2 (all ages)
- Bone and joint infections (adult)
Policy statements are brief documents that define the current commissioning position to support service contracting.
The following policy statements fall within the scope of this CRG:
- Clinical commissioning rapid policy statement: Tecovirimat as treatment for patients hospitalised due to monkeypox virus infection
- Antivirals for adults with recent onset (acute) hepatitis C
- Retreatment of chronic hepatitis C infection in adults with advanced or decompensated cirrhosis
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C in patients with cirrhosis
- Treatment for defined patients with MDR-TB and XDR-TB including bedaquiline and delamanid
- List of hepatitis C operational delivery networks in England
- Use of therapeutic immunoglobulin in England
If you are interested in the work of the infectious diseases CRG or its NPOC, you can register as a stakeholder.
For details on our latest consultations please visit the NHS England consultation hub.
Get in contact
For any questions or queries relating to the work of the infectious diseases CRG or its NPoC, please contact: ENGLAND.firstname.lastname@example.org