Standard contract documentation
NHS England has commissioned new standard primary medical care contracts in order to make sure that there is a consistent contractual framework in place across the country.
These new standard contracts also introduce the new core contract terms that were agreed as part of the 2013/14 GP contract agreement.
These new forms of contract should be used in all cases.
- NHS England standard GMS contract
- The NHS England standard APMS contract
- Standard General Medical Services Contract Variation Notice
These contracts have been produced by Capsticks Solicitors LLP. Capsticks have also set up a help desk (email: PMCHelpdesk@capsticks.com; telephone: 020 8780 4796). If you have any questions about these contracts please contact Capsticks Solicitors via the help desk. There is no charge for up to the first 50 minutes that Capsticks spend in dealing with any queries.
- Letter: Implementing the 2014/15 GP contract
- NHS England Standard General Medical Services Contract
- NHS England standard General Medical Services Contract – word document
- NHS England standard Alternative Provider Medical Services Contract – word document
- NHS England Standard General Medical Services Contract Variation Notice – word document
NHS England enhanced service specifications
- Dementia Identification Scheme
- Timely diagnosis and support for people with dementia
- Pertussis (pregnant women) vaccination
- Shingles catch-up vaccination
- Influenza and pneumococcal immunisation
- Childhood seasonal influenza
- MenC vaccination for university freshers
- Remote care monitoring (preparation) scheme
Choice of GP Practice
- Out of Area Registration Guidance
- Out of Area Registration Enhanced Service
- Letter – Out of Area Registration
Proactive Care Programme (Avoiding Unplanned Admissions: proactive case findings and patient review for vulnerable people)
The specification for the new 2014/15 enhanced service “Avoiding unplanned admissions : proactive case finding and patient review for vulnerable people”, now referred to as the “proactive care programme” has now been published below. GP practices wishing to participate should sign up to this by 30 June 2014 .
Revised guidance for this enhanced service is also being published to reflect the detail of the specification. The specification should be read in conjunction with the guidance, but it should be stressed that it is this specification which forms the basis for the enhanced service. Area teams and CCGs may wish to adapt the guidance, for example on care planning, to reflect their own local approach to transforming care for people with more complex needs. A link to guidance on care and support planning is given in “Providing proactive care and avoiding unplanned admissions for vulnerable people: A programme of action for general practice” below. National Voices have also produced a guide entitled “Care and Support Planning Guide”.
Practices should also note that patients covered by this enhanced service should be notified of their accountable GP and care co-ordinator by the end of July, and that personalised care plans for all patients initially added to this register should be in place by the end of September 2014.
Practices should note that the Read2 and CTV3 codes relevant for this enhanced service are listed in the technical requirements document for the 2014/15 GMS contract changes.
A guidance note has also been published below which sets out the key role that CCGs can play, working with member practices, to help make sure that these services deliver the maximum benefits for patients. This includes making sure that GP practices are able to use risk stratification tools to identify those patients who should be offered the new service.
- Avoiding Unplanned Admissions Service Specification
- Avoiding Unplanned Admissions Guidance for CCGs
- Providing proactive care and avoiding unplanned admissions for vulnerable people: A programme of action for general practice
- Avoiding unplanned admissions template – care plan
- Avoiding unplanned admissions template – adult letter
- Avoiding unplanned admissions template – parent letter
- Avoiding unplanned admissions template – guardian letter
- Proactive Care Programme proforma
Implications for PMS and APMS contracts
- NHS England changes to Personal Medical Services and Alternative Provider Medical Services contracts