The NHS Standard Contract is mandated by NHS England for use by commissioners for all contracts for healthcare services other than primary care.
If you have a query on the NHS Standard Contracts, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be added to our stakeholder list to receive updates on the NHS Standard Contracts, please email your contact details to: email@example.com
Consultation – December 2019
We have now published, for consultation, the draft 2020/21 NHS Standard Contract (both full length and shorter-form versions). The consultation paper below describes the main, material changes we are proposing in the Contracts, and we would welcome comments from stakeholders on our proposals. We also welcome comments on the draft Technical Guidance.
Comments on the draft Contract should be submitted by 31 January 2020 via the NHS England Consultation Hub. The link to the consultation will be published here shortly. Comments may also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the response document below.
- Draft NHS Standard Contract for 2020/21 (full-length and shorter-form versions): A consultation
- Draft NHS Standard Contract 2020/21: A consultation – Stakeholder response document
- Full length 2020/21 Contract Particulars – draft for consultation
- Full length 2020/21 Contract Service Conditions – draft for consultation
- Full length 2020/21 Contract General Condition – draft for consultation
- Shorter-form 2020/21 Contract Particulars – draft for consultation
- Shorter-form 2020/21 Contract Service Conditions – draft for consultation
- Shorter-form 2020/21 Contract General Condition – draft for consultation
System Collaboration and Financial Management Agreement
As described in the Contract consultation document, we propose to include a new requirement in the 2020/21 Contract for CCGs and Trusts within each local ICS/STP to agree and operate under a collaborative document, aimed at ensuring that they work together to deliver the system financial improvement trajectory for 2020/21. We have published a draft model version of this System Collaboration and Financial Management Agreement (SCFMA). This is not a mandatory template; local systems are encouraged to use it as a starting point but may adapt the content as appropriate. Further detail is set out in the Contract Technical Guidance above.
We welcome comments on the draft SCFMA, which should be sent by Friday 31 January 2020 to email@example.com.
The following audio presentations are available on the NHS England and NHS Improvement YouTube channel:
- Presentation 1 (approx. 30 mins) – Introduction to the Contract
- Presentation 2 (approx. 18 mins) – Local system collaboration and integration
- Presentation 3 (approx. 38 mins) – New national policy initiatives included in the draft Contract for 2020/21
- Presentation 4 (approx. 24 mins) – Changes affecting national standards and NHS “business rules” for 2020/21
- Transcript of audio presentations
Presentations (slide pack only)