Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust needed to address the psychological stress employees experience because of COVID-19.
- Make employees our priority.
- Support all levels of need for psychological support.
- Prevent the psychological impacts of factors related to COVID-19 on employees.
- Build longer term workforce resilience, with employees feeling well and supported in work.
- Introduction of 152 wellbeing champions who have all received psychological first aid training.
- SOS rooms being put in place with trained practitioners available for support.
- Introduction of reflective groups (Schwartz Rounds, leadership support circles and bespoke reflective practice groups).
- Critical incident stress management services.
- An app specifically designed to support trauma response (power to respond app).
- Psychological assessments.
- Referrals and assessments.
- Psychoeducation and therapeutic groups.
- Mental health pathways.
- Post COVID-19 clinic.
- Level 1 – prevention/proactive mental health work.
- Level 2 – psychological assessment, low level targeted interventions.
- Level 3 – formal structured therapy, group work.
- Level 4 – specialist psychological assessment and intervention, risk management, complex needs.