A GP IT Specification Commissioning Support Pack has been developed to support ALL CCGs who are commissioning GP IT services. It is designed to assist CCGs with the subject specialist aspects of GP IT services and includes support for the development of the local specification, carrying out a robust discovery process and subject specific help with bidder engagement activity.
Where a contract for GP IT services is already in place and re-procurement is not scheduled in the near future CCGs are advised to utilise this support pack to review current service provision arrangements against the new Operating Model.
The pack consists of two separate documents:
- GP IT specification commissioning support pack
- GP IT data capture service schedule – note this is a macro enabled Excel spreadsheet.
- Executive summary
- The CCG practice agreement
- Requirements and capabilities
- Commissioning, procurement and contract management
- Addressing the challenges
- Transition arrangements and timescales
- Appendix A – Schedule of GP digital requirements and capabilities
- Appendix B – Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Appendix C – Applicable national frameworks
- Appendix D – Digital primary care maturity assurance tool indicators
- Appendix E – Commissioning GP IT enabling services
- Appendix F – Commissioning advanced GP telephony services
- Appendix G – Procurement checklist
- Appendix H – General practice quick reference
- Appendix I – Glossary of terms