A draft GP Advanced Telephony Specification Commissioning Support Pack has been developed to support practices, PCNs and their supporting CCGs in commissioning advanced GP telephony systems namely VoIP cloud hosted systems with clinical system integration, remote access and peak demand management capabilities.
This includes guidance for procuring practices and a template specification. This guidance and template specification will be reviewed with each review of this Operating Model and more frequently if necessary.
At the present time (of publication) a specific procurement route for example a framework for Advanced GP Telephony Services is not available.
Note the responsibility for selecting and funding GP telephony systems remains with the individual practice(s).
BT OpenReach and all Communication Service Providers (CSPs) will stop providing Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) services by 2025. Practices, and their supporting CCGs, should consider this factor in determining commissioning of future practice telephony systems.
This pack consists of one document:
- Draft advanced GP telephony specification commissioning support pack (available on the FutureNHS platform which requires a log in)
- Executive summary
- The CCG practice agreement
- Requirements and capabilities
- Commissioning, procurement and contract management
- Addressing the challenges
- Transition arrangements and timescales
- Appendix A – Schedule of GP digital requirements and capabilities
- Appendix B – Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Appendix C – Applicable national frameworks
- Appendix D –Digital primary care maturity assurance tool indicators
- Appendix E – Commissioning GP IT enabling services
- Appendix F – Commissioning advanced GP telephony services
- Appendix G – Procurement checklist
- Appendix H – General practice quick reference
- Appendix I – Glossary of terms