Find out more through our case studies how NHS trusts and primary care practices in England have used Friends and Family Test (FFT) data and feedback to support improvements and promote more effective use of the data.
Collecting feedback during the pandemic
These case studies highlight how useful it has been to continue to collect feedback during the pandemic.
- Keeping the Friends and Family Test going during COVID-19
- Using the Friends and Family Test to gain insight on the trust’s response to the pandemic
Easy wins with the FFT
These case studies showcase simple, effective service improvements that have been put in place due to FFT feedback.
Using the FFT to support operational improvement
These case studies highlight how the FFT has been used to support service redesign.
- Improving patient experience in the emergency department
- Improving patient experience on the maternity ward
- Think Drink – how patient feedback reduced patient fasting times before surgery
- How feedback is helping to improve end of life care
The FFT – it’s everyone’s business!
These case studies reveal how engaging with everyone has been key to implementing the FFT.
- An active role for staff in the FFT process in primary care
- Making the FFT fabulous! A dedicated FFT team tell us how they embedded patient feedback into the culture of their entire organisation
- Back to Basics – a department-wide initiative to improve patient experience in the emergency department
- Share Your Experience bulletin to highlight how outpatient teams have listened and responded to FFT feedback
- Making the FFT more transparent in primary care
Making the FFT data count
These case studies showcase different approaches to analysing FFT feedback, and how FFT feedback has been used together with other types of feedback to support service improvement.
- A systematic approach to flagging concerns and picking up themes to be more responsive to FFT feedback
- Using the FFT alongside a range of additional sources of insight to provide a fuller picture of care
- Innovative methods to analyse the free text data and promote the FFT – a Patient Participation Group initiative
- What matters most to patients? A trust-wide approach to collecting, analysing and using free text data
- Using the FFT free text to delve deeper into A&E patient experience
Making the FFT inclusive
Case studies to showcase accessibility initiatives.
- Improving accessibility and inclusivity using the FFT
- More options so that everyone can be listened to
For further information about these case studies, please contact us at: email@example.com.