A number of helpful resources have been created and are listed.
- Sarah’s Story
- John & Andy’s Story
- The NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme
- Type 2 Diabetes in Children and Young People – The West Midlands Network has been working regionally and nationally on a Type 2 Project for CYP. One of the regional objectives was to write a guideline for units to use in their management of T2 patients. I am pleased to confirm this guideline has now been ratified by the West Midlands Network at the recent network meeting on the 11 June 2019. We are also in the process of trying to get this West Midlands Guideline to be adopted nationally. Please feel free to use this guideline in the practical management of your CYP with T2 Diabetes.
- Achieving diabetes care excellence through pharmacy teams (ADEPT) video
- Fasting with diabetes during ramadan
- Foot care plan
- Foot care for people with diabetes – What happens if you develop a diabetic foot problem
- Information Prescriptions -Information Prescriptions provide you with an effective intervention that take a matter of minutes. They are a personalised single side of A4 which include easy-to-read explanations, clear images and individual goals to help prevent diabetes health complications. They are designed to give people with diabetes the information that they need to understand, engage with and improve on their health targets.
- Patient Learning Zone – Learning Zone is our online learning platform for people living with diabetes. It is free, easy to use and gives the user personalised content based on their diabetes type, treatments and demographic. Online diabetes education can help your patients understand and manage their condition better, leading to fewer complications and a greater sense of confidence.
- 15 Healthcare Essentials – The 15 Healthcare Essentials are the vital health checks and services that everyone with diabetes – whatever type – should be getting, for free, from their healthcare team.
- Know Your Risk Calculator – An online tool to calculate the risk of Type 2 diabetes with information on what to do next and how to lower your risk.
- Diabetes UK Website – Diabetes UK work with professionals contributing to diabetes treatment and care. We offer a regular source of news on best practice, new treatments or care, medical alerts and the latest research findings.
Healthcare professionals education
- Ramadan & Fasting Tool Kit
- Diabetes UK West Midlands Priorities – Patient Activation and Empowerment
- Eating Disorders and Diabetes
- Foot care for people with diabetes – A guide for healthcare professionals
- Foot care for people with diabetes – How to look after your feet
- Foot care for people with diabetes – Your annual foot check
Preventing hospital admissions
- Blood Glucose Self-Monitoring Guidelines
- Position statement – Self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) for adults with Type 2 diabetes
- Guide to quantity of blood glucose testing strips, lancets and needles to supply for different frequencies of injecting antidiabetic medication and blood glucose testing
- Transitional Care
- West Midlands Priorities
- Tools to support development of interventions