We are working with CCGs to help ensure that current contracting and commissioning practices enable people to be able to access personalised approaches. Our Personalised Finance, Commissioning and Contracting team are working on a national, regional and local level to ensure that the necessary contracting and commissioning changes can happen.
This includes changes to:
- NHS standard contract,
- commissioning specifications and
- contracting in new and emerging Integrated care provider systems.
The ‘new’ requirements will mean that finance officers and commissioners must give regard to the development of knowledge, skills and confidence to effectively commission, contract and fund personalisation. This will also include workforce reform.
New personalised care finance and contracting tool for commissioners
It enables staff to understand what the expansion of the personalised care programme means for their areas of work locally, with practical tools and recommendations to enable sustainable change.
It includes support for each of the six components of personalised care, and guidance on:
- Identifying cohorts
- Developing service specification,
- Agreeing meaningful data and metrics
- Funding models for contracting personalised care
- The recommended commissioning cycle process
- Information and data sharing considerations
- Working with partners for achieving integrated commissioning
A blog featuring top tips for commissioners has been published, we have recently set up a network for Regional Directors of Finance and our finance team can talk to you about your local needs.