This clinical reference group covers hyperbaric oxygen therapy services.
- Douglas Watts, Clinical Lead for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Nicola Symes, Lead Commissioner
- Robert Wilson, Public Health England lead
Non-core members of the group may be drawn upon for specialist advice and expertise required to deliver the key objectives of the CRG work programme.
A key part of the CRG’s work is the delivery of the ‘products’ of commissioning. These are the tools used by the Regional Commissioning teams to contract services on an annual basis.
Service specifications are important in clearly defining the standards of care expected from organisations funded by NHS England to provide specialised care. The specifications have been developed by specialised clinicians, commissioners, expert patients and public health representatives to describe both core and developmental service standards. Core standards are those that all funded providers should be able to demonstrate, with developmental standards being those which may require further changes in practice over time to provide excellence in the field.
The following service specifications fall within the scope of this CRG:
Not routinely commissioned:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for malignant otitis externa (all ages)
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for necrotising soft tissue infections (adults)
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for soft tissue radiation damage in patients with a history of pelvic irradiation for malignant disease (all ages)
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for carbon monoxide poisoning (all ages)
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for diabetic lower limb ulceration (diabetic foot ulcer) (all ages)
If you are interested in the work of the hyperbaric oxygen therapy CRG or its NPOC, you can register as stakeholder.
For details on our latest consultations please visit the NHS England consultation hub.
Get in contact
For any questions or queries relating to the work of the CRG or its NPOC, please contact: email@example.com