This Lead and Inform Clinical Reference Group (CRG) covers brings together services for major trauma and burns services.
This Clinical Reference Group (CRG) covers:
- Major trauma
- Chair: Anne Weaver National Specialty Advisor, Major Trauma and Burns
- Isabel Jones, Clinical Lead Burns
- TBA – clinical members
- Carolyn Young, Lead Commissioner
- Robert Wilson, Public Health lead
- Bob Handley, Clinical Lead, Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, GIRFT – affiliate member
- Ken Dunn, Clinical Lead, Plastic Surgery and Burns, GIRFT – affiliate member
- Martin Davies, Patient and Public Voice representative
- Omar Campbell, Patient and Public Voice representative
- TBA – affiliate members
Non-core members of the group may be drawn upon for specialist advice and expertise required to deliver the key objectives of the CRG work programme.
A key part of the CRG’s work is the delivery of the ‘products’ of commissioning. These are the tools used by the Regional Commissioning Teams to contract services on an annual basis.
Service specifications are important in clearly defining the standards of care expected from organisations funded by NHS England to provide specialised care. The specifications have been developed by specialised clinicians, commissioners, expert patients and public health representatives to describe both core and developmental service standards. Core standards are those that all funded providers should be able to demonstrate, with developmental standards being those which may require further changes in practice over time to provide excellence in the field.
The following service specifications fall within the scope of this CRG:
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (all ages)
- Specialised burn care (adults)
- Specialist burn care services (children)
- Major trauma (all ages)
Other related links
- Plastic surgery and burns – Getting It Right First Time – GIRFT
- Orthopaedic trauma surgery – Getting It Right First Time – GIRFT
If you are interested in the work of the major trauma and burns CRG or its NPOC, you can register as stakeholder.
For details on our latest consultations please visit the NHS England consultation hub.
Get in contact
For any questions or queries relating to the work of the CRG or its NPOC, please contact: email@example.com