Support for clinical commissioning groups (CCGs)
NHS England and NHS Improvement provides an ongoing programme of support for professionals who are involved in the delivery of personal health budgets.
This programme of support aims to support the further roll-out of personal health budgets, in order to achieve the NHS Long Term Plan commitment of 200,000 personal health budgets by 2023/24, as well as supporting CCGs to meet their responsibilities regarding the legal right to have a personal health budget for people who are eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare and continuing care for children and to prepare for the intended extension of legal rights recently announced by government for personal wheelchair budgets and people eligible for section 117 aftercare.
The Personal Health Budget Delivery Team’s programme of support draws on the evidence and learning from the successful pilot programme, the implementation so far of personal health budgets in NHS Continuing Healthcare and in other areas, and draws on examples of best practice nationally.
The support includes:
- Access to regional support, advice and workshops via dedicated Regional Managers
- Regional network meetings
- Tailored support for individual CCGs or across STP footprints, which can include workshops focusing on personalised care and support planning, joint funded budgets, expansion planning etc.
- Finance and commissioning support
- Online collaborative platform: A members-only online space for asking questions and sharing learning with other areas. To discuss access please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-learning modules, training packs, resources, guidance and stories, supporting people to understand and implement personal health budgets
- Peer support from CCG mentors who can share their knowledge and expertise of delivering PHBs across a range of areas
- Specialist personal health budgets networks: Personal Wheelchair Budgets, mental health, children and young people, and people with learning disabilities.
- Policy and practice advice via the Q&A section of the collaborative network
- Workforce development and culture change: advice on how to develop leadership among professionals and access to experts by experience
- Evaluation: Tools to help you to measure progress and demonstrate results.
Personalised health and care framework
Published in June 2017, the Personalised health and care framework provides best practice advice for NHS and local government professionals implementing personal health budgets.
Implementing personal health budgets and need more information?
If you work within the NHS, a local authority or a voluntary sector partner, you can sign up to the Personalised Care Collaborative Network to access a range of resources, share learning and discuss issues with colleagues across the country. To discuss access please email email@example.com
Alternatively, for more information please contact the national Personal Health Budgets team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.