This is a Respond and Advise Clinical Reference Group (CRG).
Specialised paediatric endocrinology services provide specialist care to children and young people with hormonal disorders, including growth and bone problems, which cannot be diagnosed or managed by general paediatricians.
This Clinical Reference Group (CRG) covers:
- Services for children with complex endocrine conditions
- Services for children with complex conditions related to diabetes
- Maria Estebanez, Clinical Lead for Specialised Paediatric Endocrinology
A key part of the CRG’s work is the delivery of the ‘products’ of commissioning. These are the tools used by the 10 Hub Commissioning Teams to contract services on an annual basis.
Service specifications are important in clearly defining the standards of care expected from organisations funded by NHS England to provide specialised care. The specifications have been developed by specialised clinicians, commissioners, expert patients and public health representatives to describe both core and developmental service standards. Core standards are those that all funded providers should be able to demonstrate, with developmental standards being those which may require further changes in practice over time to provide excellence in the field.
The following service specifications fall within the scope of this CRG:
- Paediatric medicine: Endocrinology and diabetes
- Congenital hyperinsulinism service (Children)
- Alström syndrome service (all ages)
- Wolfram syndrome Service (adults and children)
- Bardet biedl syndrome service (adults and children)
If you are interested in the work of the specialised paediatric endocrinology CRG or its NPOC, you can register as a stakeholder.
For details on our latest consultations please visit the NHS England consultation hub.
Get in contact
For any questions or queries relating to the work of the specialised paediatric endocrinology CRG or its NPOC, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org