Corporate governance documents
- Standards of Business Conduct Policy (version 2 approved: 25 May 2017)
- Standing Financial Instructions (version 10.00 approved 10 April 2019)
- POL_0001 Standing Orders (version 8, approved 29 March 2019)
- POL_0002 The Scheme of Delegation (version 10, approved 29 March 2019)
- Tackling Fraud, Bribery and Corruption: Economic Crime Strategy 2018-2021
- Tackling Fraud, Bribery and Corruption: Policy and Corporate Procedures. This policy explains the intention to tackle crime, provide guidance to staff and ensure everyone can recognise potential crime and know how to report it.
- Health and Safety Policy – April 2017
- Addressing concerns voiced by staff in external organisations regarding NHS services (external whistleblowing policy) – September 2016
- Voicing your concerns for staff (internal policy) – September 2016
- Freedom of Information
- Social media and attributed digital content policy – February 2017
Information Governance documents
- Corporate Document and Records Management Policy
- Information Governance Policy
- Information Security Policy
- Information Sharing Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Freedom of Information policy
- Information Governance Operating Model 2016 / 2017
Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
This Publication Scheme guide explains what information NHS England makes (or expects to make) routinely available, and where it can be accessed.
- Safeguarding policy
- Safeguarding alerts policy
- Managing safeguarding allegations against staff: Policy and procedure
Equality Delivery System (EDS)
This page provides information on the Equality Delivery System (EDS). The EDS is a toolkit to improve equality performance that has been widely implemented across the NHS and is being used by both providers and commissioners of services.
Below are the EDS documents which include factsheets, policy documents, question and answer sheets.
- A refreshed Equality Delivery System for the NHS – EDS2 Nov 2013
- Q&A EDS Refresh March 2015
- EDS Easy Read Grading Instructions May 2012
- EDS Easy Read Grading Questionnaire May 2012
- EDS Fact Sheet Nov 2012
- EDS Equality Analysis 2011
- EDS Statement of Costs and Benefits
- EDS Evaluation Final Report
- EDS Evaluation Case Studies
Equality and Diversity
This page promotes equality and equity and expresses how they are at the heart of NHS England’s values
The NHS Equality and Diversity Council
This page outlines the works and responsibilities of The Equality and Diversity Council (EDC) provides visible leadership on equality and health inequalities issues across the health and social care.
- NHS Constitution
- More information on the Equality Delivery System
- Personal, Fair and Diverse Champions campaign
- NHS Values Summit
Contact us info – Email: email@example.com
Complaints and other customer service policies and procedures
The policy describes how NHS England manages, responds to and learns from complaints made about its services and the way in which they are commissioned. This is an interim policy to allow time for further consultation and to incorporate any recommendations from wider reviews.
This page outlines the NHS England complaints procedure which is designed to be as patient focused as possible and to allow investigations of complaints to be carried out effectively and efficiently.
Social media and comment moderation policy
We encourage and welcome open, lively debate, but the decision to publish comments received via this site and our YouTube channel remains at our discretion. This page sets outlines the moderation policy and guidelines.
Patient and public participation policy
We are working to strengthen participation in all of our projects and programmes of work, including policy making and commissioning (the process of planning, buying and monitoring health services). This work is underpinned by our Patient and Public Participation Policy. The document set out our commitment to participation and outlines how we will work with patients and the public to enable them to influence the health services they use.
Have your say on how NHS England’s Guidance is working in practice
We are keen to understand how our new Patient and Public Participation Policy and Statement of Arrangements are being used and how effective they are in practice, alongside resources such as Transforming Participation in Health and Care. In particular, we welcome views from patients, the public and partner organisations about how well the policy and arrangements are being implemented, and from NHS England staff about how useful the guidance is for them.
We will be gathering feedback until the end of December 2016 and reviewing comments on a monthly basis. If you have a comment or complaint which needs an urgent response please do not submit it here; instead, please get in touch with our Customer Contact Centre.
Statement on involving the public in primary care commissioning
There are many opportunities for people to get involved and influence primary care services at local and national levels. Further information can be found in our Statement on involving the public in primary care commissioning.