A healthy workplace is one where workers and managers collaborate to continually improve the health, safety and wellbeing of all workers and by doing this, sustain the productivity of the business.
Given we spend one third of our lives at work, the working environment can have a significant impact on our health and wellbeing. Getting the basics right, such as clean restrooms with locks on the toilets, proper space dedicated for lunch/breaks and access to drinking water is vitally important and should not be underestimated. Additionally, our NHS people need a work environment in which there is not only an absence of harmful conditions that can cause injury and illness, but one that supports healthy choices and offers resources to actively encourage healthy behaviour.
- How can we work together to make better use of NHS space?
- Ensuring safety of your buildings
- Creating a culture where NHS colleagues feel supported, safe and secure at work
- NHS Property Services
- Access to appropriate PPE at all times
- National standards for healthcare food and drink
- Health needs assessment – Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Improving physical infrastructure – Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust