Fulfilment at work
Fulfilment at work encompasses not only the work we do on a day-to-day basis but a range of themes and activities that together form a critical component of an individual’s health and wellbeing. This section provides definitions for those core components, why they matter and things to consider. For example, the last few years have seen positive changes in equality, diversity and inclusion across society and our evaluation of health and wellbeing needs to be challenged and improved alongside this.
- Bring your whole self to work – enabling our diverse NHS people to bring all their passion, personality and potential to their role.
- Life balance – giving our NHS people the ability to form a positive, healthy balance between their job and home life.
- Purpose, potential and recognition – getting the best out of our diverse NHS people through ensuring we provide purposeful work, enable growth and potential whilst recognising the success of our people and teams
- All employees are encouraged to develop themselves and their skill set in areas that interest them
- How equality, diversity and inclusion links to wellbeing: issues for specific demographics understood and acted upon
- NHS Covid-19 Staff Counselling Service
- Looking After You Too: an individual coaching support offer for Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff working in NHS trusts
- NHS Support line for our Filipino Colleagues
- Supporting colleagues affected by Long Covid