The 2022 Under 16s Cancer Patient Experience Survey (U16s CPES) is the third iteration of an annual national survey to measure children’s cancer and tumour care provided by the NHS in England.
The 2022 survey was carried out by Picker Institute Europe on behalf of NHS England. The survey captures the experiences of children who were aged 8 and above at the start of the fieldwork period, but under 16 at the time of their care or discharge, and the parents and carers of children who were aged under 16 at the time of their care or discharge.
Questions were asked about the child’s care during 2022. There were three versions of the questionnaire, depending on the patient’s age immediately prior to fieldwork:
- 0-7 questionnaire – for completion by parents/carers of children aged 0-7.
- 8-11 questionnaire – with sections for the child and the parent/carer to complete.
- 12-15 questionnaire – with sections for the child/young person and the parent/carer to complete.
The results for the 2022 survey were published on 8th November 2023 on the U16s CPES website. This includes:
- Technical reports: including the national quantitative report, national and PTC data tables, and individual PTC reports.
- Visual summaries: giving a visual overview of the latest results.
- Interactive dashboards: showing results at national and PTC level.
- Past results: providing a record of previous results.
Pre-release access list
24 hour pre-release access list for the 2022 results of the Under 16 Cancer Patient Experience Survey.
How to provide feedback about the results
NHS England intends to ensure that our published statistics meet the needs of people who use them. We are committed to making information as accessible and useful as possible.
We therefore welcome feedback from users of the statistics and will consider your comments when reviewing future presentation of the statistics. You can tell us what you think by emailing us at email@example.com.
For further information about these published statistics, please contact:
Leeds LS2 7UE