- If you are interested in England level or regional waiting times please use the “Commissioner Data” files.
- If you are interested in waiting times at provider trusts then please use the “Provider Data” files.
- Incomplete pathways are waiting times for patients waiting to start treatment at the end of the month.
- Admitted pathways are waiting times (time waited) for patients whose treatment started during the month and involved admission to hospital (until September 2015 adjustments were made to admitted pathways for clock pauses, where a patient had declined reasonable offers of admission and chose to wait longer).
- Non-admitted pathways are waiting times (time waited) for patients whose treatment started during the month and did not involve admission to hospital.
- Incomplete pathways with a decision to admit for treatment are waiting times for patients waiting to start treatment at the end of the month where a clinical decision to admit to a hospital bed for treatment has been made.
- New RTT periods are the number of new RTT pathways where the clock start date is within the reporting month.
Revisions are published periodically (usually every six months) in line with NHS England Analytical Service team’s revisions policy.
Referral to treatment data for October 2016 to March 2017 was revised on 13 July 2017.
Referral to treatment data for April 2017 to August 2017 was revised on 11 January 2018.
Referral to treatment data for October 2017 to September 2018 was revised on 9th May 2019.
Please note the following changes to the format of the routine publication outputs for March 2018 as a result of the move of the RTT data collection from Unify2 to NHS Digital’s Strategic Data Collection Service:
Full CSV data file
- Data now starts on row 2 of the CSV file (previously row 4)
- The ‘Year’ and ‘Period Name’ columns have been replaced by one ‘Period’ column (formatted ‘RTT-month-year’)
- The ‘Status’ column is no longer present
- The ‘RTT Part Name’ column has been renamed ‘RTT Part Type’
Individual publication files (‘Incomplete Commissioner’ etc)
- The Treatment Function Code column is now consistent across all publication files and is shown in the format ‘C_xxx’ for specific treatment functions and ‘X01’ for the ‘Other’ category
- The prefix for these codes was previously specific to each pathway type (‘IPxxx’ for incomplete pathways, ‘APxxx’ for admitted pathways, ‘NPxxx’ for non-admitted pathways, and no prefix was used for new RTT pathways)